Yeast extracts and inactive yeast are ingredients that can help impart beneficial characteristics to your sauces and dips.
Add them in your preparation to:
- Impart umami and overall taste.
- Increase spiciness perception.
- Impart smoked notes or other specific flavors such as beef, soy sauce, grilled, cheese, etc.
- Provide longer lasting flavor perception, while helping with sodium reduction.
- Enhance creaminess and fattiness mouthfeel, while helping with fat reduction.
- Add thickness and emulsification.
- Enrich the nutritional profile of your preparation with a natural source of protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins.
Ask us to guide you to the most suitable yeast ingredient to use in your sauces and dips.
“Veganaise” egg-free mayonnaise
Yeast extracts are useful to improve the taste profile of sauces. For example, in this simple preparation, High-Lyfe™ 530 A helps to round the flavor with enhancing salt perception and intensity, while reducing excess acidity.
Bechamel Sauce, salt reduced
High-LyfeTM 532 is very effective for salt reduction, allowing a pleasant long-lasting and umami perception!
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Yeast extracts and autolyzed yeast, like natural flavors, can help to develop complex and mouth-watering taste. Check this cheese-based recipe with tasty and balanced notes!
Delicious Red Curry
Increase the savoriness of your dish by Lake States® Type B! Adding much flavor to the sauce, this torula yeast enhances the spiciness and umami. The inactive yeast also optimizes the cohesion of the sauce, contributing to its richness by binding fats and preventing syneresis.
The combination of inactive yeast and yeast extracts increases meatiness and rounds up flavors in all your favorite preparations, enchilada included!
Plant-based “Bolognese” style sauce
The combination of yeast extracts and inactive yeast gives just the right taste and juiciness to this plant-based alternative ragout sauce.
In this recipe, Toravita™ 000 helps to bind the flavors as well as providing texture enhancement by retaining water syneresis. The torula yeast reveals the flavors of the tomato by supporting with low sodium, natural amino acids. Dark yeast extract Savor-Lyfe BEC participates in this synergistic effect by bringing a juicy and meaty flavor note to the sauce.