Yeast extracts and inactive yeast are ingredients that can help impart beneficial characteristics to your vegetables and side dishes.
Add them in your preparation to:
- Impart umami and overall taste.
- Increase spiciness perception.
- Provide specific taste direction, such as grilled, smoked, soy sauce, etc.
- Provide longer-lasting flavor perception, while helping with sodium reduction.
- Enrich the nutritional profile of your preparation with a natural source of protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
Mouth-watering baked beans
In this application, the yeast-based ingredients contribute to taste, color, and nutritional value.
Savor-Lyfe™ SSC yeast extract replaces the Soy sauce, thus reducing sodium content and eliminating allergens. The Engevita® Toasted inactive yeast increase the sauce viscosity, binding the beans. The taste of maple syrup, less perceptible in this version, is compensated by umami and meaty taste, thanks to the vitamin B present in Engevita® Vege-Regime.